I’m pleased to announce the release of iOS Access for All: Your Comprehensive Guide to Accessibility for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch (iOS 12 edition).. This is the sixth edition of my book, and it’s fully updated for iOS 12.1. The book has grown along with Apple’s mobile software – its 168,000 words, with a page count that varies, but that’s between 700 and 800 pages on many platforms. But more important than word or page count, iOS Access for All remains the most comprehensive iOS accessibility resource anywhere!
iOS Access for All guides you step-by-step through Apple tools designed or people with blindness, low-vision, hearing impairments, and motor disabilities. Readers also learn how to make the most of all apps included with iOS. You will also find reviews of over 100 outstanding App Store apps that happen to be accessible.
- New chapter: For the iOS 12 edition, there’s a new chapter covering system-level iOS features. Some of this information was available for VoiceOv er users in earlier editions, but I’ve both added more system coverage, and broadened it out to be of value to all readers.
- All the gestures: Whether your iOS device has a home button or not, or uses multitasking gestures or not, we’ve got you covered. If you’re confused about which gesture works with which device, and how you gestures vary when VoiceOver is on, don’t be.
- Shortcuts: The Siri chapter now includes an introduction to the new Shortcuts app. As you’ll learn, you don’t need Siri to use shortcuts, but if you want to automate your life and gain accessibility benefits too, you can find out how in these pages.
- Apps with new faces: Apple has updated a number of the apps it provides with iOS, In a few cases, that means accessibility improvements, too.
- Right up-to-date: iOS 12 has been characterized as a performance upgrade. Though it only includes a few new accessibility features, you’ll find them all described here, along with new and updated features that touch your accessible iOS experience.
Get the book in ePub format for $25US from this site. You can also purchase it from the Apple Books Store. A PDF version is coming soon. This site has lots more info, including a sample chapter, complete table of contents and testimonials from readers. And read my Welcome post.
Buy from the Apple Books Store